Re: Launching composer from OO 1.1

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 01:16:08, Francisco Ortiz Santini wrote:
> Greetings to all:
>
> Running balsa 2.0.15 on RedHat 9. I have just installed OpenOffice 1.1 and
> found an option to send documents as e-mail or send them as PDF
> attachments. In OO's Tools>Options>External Programs I entered "/usr/bin/
> balsa" in the path option for default e-mail program. In
> "Tools>Options>External Programs>MAILTO:"; I have entered commands similar
> to those I used to invoke the composer in Galeon ("balsa -m '%u'") and
> Mozilla-Firebird, but when I try the "File>Send" menu to invoke the
> composer and send the document, Balsa just opens the main window with a
> window message telling me that the program "coud'nt open mailbox 'mpose'".
> My question would be if I did the right thing entering Balsa's path in the
> default mail program option and what command should I enter in the
> "MAILTO:"; option to launch the composer. As usual, thanks in advance for
> all your help.

balsa --help

Application options
  -c, --checkmail                        Get new mail on startup
  -m, --compose=EMAIL@ADDRESS            Compose a new email to EMAIL@ADDRESS
  -a, --attach=PATH                      Attach file at PATH
  -o, --open-mailbox=MAILBOXNAME         Opens MAILBOXNAME
  -u, --open-unread-mailbox              Opens first unread mailbox
  -i, --open-inbox                       Opens default Inbox on startup
  -d, --debug-pop                        Debug POP3 connection

you should be able to solve it with -m and -a but my openoffice help isn't
very helpfull on how it invokes external programs and the error message is
pretty much useless. Do you have a reference for the parameters OO uses ?

--
Carlos Morgado - chbm(a)ma.ssive.net - http://chbm.net/
0x1FC57F0A FP:0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A