Re: [anjuta-list] Anjuta on Ubuntu 10.04, and some general use questions

Hi,

Le 29/06/2011 12:32, Shay Green a écrit :
I tried making a new project, generic (minimal). Then I choose
Run->Execute and it says the executable doesn't exist. So I choose Build
Project and it does so without error, but Run->Execute still fails with
the same error. I tried Build (hello), same. Apparently it's expecting
the executable in the Debug directory, but that hasn't even been
created. I do see a hello executable in the top-level project directory.
I'm puzzled as to this inconsistency. I had to go into Run->Program
Parameters to set its path properly, then execution works.

I have tried here with the latest version, it looks like it doesn't work, as you describe. It could be an issue with the generic project template, as creating a new Gtk project seems to work better.

...I think, I have an idea about this bug. It is probably triggered because the source files are not in a subdirectories. I will look at this and I think I can fix it for the next version.

Once I have the program running in the built-in terminal, it says I have
to press a key to exit the program. If I try to run the program again, I
get a dialog telling me that the previous execution hasn't finished. How
can I have it just run the program in the terminal, without printing
anything extra after it exits and requiring that I press a key? I don't
see any options for the Terminal plugin for this.

It's not possible. You need to press a key because the terminal window is shared by a default terminal window and another one created each time you execute a program. You need to press a key to be able to see the output of your program before displaying the default terminal window. It would be better to avoid the dialog in your case but as it's done it is a normal behavior.

With the above project, with the Debug build selected, when I choose
Debug Program, it asks Are you sure you want to debug a program not
using the Debug configuration? Why is it saying it's not the debug
configuration?

I get this here too, it's probably due to the same bug than the first one.

Then it gives an error in the terminal before the
debugger stops at my breakpoint: &"warning: GDB: Failed to set
controlling terminal: Operation not permitted\n" Is there any way to
hide this error message, so I can just see my program's output?

No, I have the warning here too.

Can it be used to edit bare-bones projects, not ones with dozens of
configuration files as are created with a new project? When working on
projects, I often work on small research programs to try out a
particular idea in isolation, thus the bloat of all that isn't workable.
Ideally, there would be nothing besides a couple of source files, and a
single project file, with Anjuta compiling and linking as necessary.

Anjuta doesn't have its own project file and it is done one purpose but it can handle 3 kinds of project:
* autotools:
This is the most common project format on Linux and the most advanced backend. It create several files, but less than a dozens. A minimal project needs only 2 projects files: configure.ac and Makefile.am. Then the configure script will create several other files indeed. I think it's impressive but still workable and we try to make it as easy as possible.
* makefile:
Anjuta accept only one makefile in the project directory only read such kind of projects, so you need to edit the makefile by hand to add or remove source files. So this means only 1 project file and you can build your project without anjuta.
* directory:
It is just listing files in all your project directories. To build a file, you need nothing if your whole program is contains in a single file else you still need a makefile.

Likewise, and in the terminal plugin in Anjuta's
window?

It is not possible from the terminal plugin in Anjuta. The terminal here has nothing special except being displayed inside Anjuta. It could be possible to do something by sending a command to Anjuta but it needs some work.

Best Regards,