Re: Requirements of planner 0.14.3

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 04:07:08PM +0200, Stéphane Raimbault wrote:
> I'm happy to see the planner development still alive.
> I tried to compile planner 0.14.3 on Ubuntu 8.04 but planner requires
> libxslt 1.1.23:
> Does it really necessary (bug, feature, etc) or can I use libxslt 1.1.22?

It is my plan to keep documenting changes in requirements in the NEWS
file (see
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/planner/tags/PLANNER_0_14_3/NEWS?view=markup).

In this case the bug was in week numbers. If the new libxslt is not
used, the week numbers in exported HTML will sometimes be off. If I
remember correctly it could happen that all week numbers in a year were
off by one.

I found this a critical enough bug for a project management application
to add the requirement for the new libxslt release. See also this
message:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/planner-dev-list/2008-April/msg00010.html

Two things may be of particular interest to you in this message. First
the thing about setting up a PPA that others can use, second the request
from an Ubuntu developer to refer anyone interested in maintaining
Planner on Ubuntu to him.

Regards,
Maurice.

--