OSTree in debian

Hello, I'd like to build a bootable rootfs using debian packages. I've reading
the documentation but it lacks a lot of details about how to generate the grub
entries or how to make it work correctly at least and how to generate a proper
initramfs as well.
I've found deb-ostree-builder and gave a try, I could build a rootfs after
building my own config with some different hooks. Then I've tried with
`create_deployment` and it seems to be using a different grub or at least a
module called `blscfg` that is not in upstream. As far I can see the ostree
package for debian has stripped out[0] the grub generator, dracut stuff and
systemd stuff among others. I've tried building this package called ostree-boot
and it doesn't work at all and I can't find any documentation about it :(.
I'd like to know how to follow digging into it, what do you recommend? What is
the path that I should take? I have downloaded rpm-ostree to see the source
code but it's a little bit difficult to follow, if I have to do that I'll do
but first I wanted to drop an email here to see if someone can point me in the
right direction.

Cheers,

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=824650

--