Re: libcurl vs libsoup

On 07/23/2016 02:27 PM, Allan Gardner wrote:
Let me know if this could be done better in some way, since I'm in the
process of implementing it. I thought about OstreeURI but it seemed
weird to have a URI type for distinct concepts (e.g. the summary file
and <some-hash>.filez); splitting it into different dbus methods seems
like the right level of abstraction.

There's a couple places outside the OstreeFetcher code where libostree uses SoupURI internally; specifically the repo pull and metalink code.

Copying SoupURI into libostree would allow severing the libsoup dependency cleanly without too much disruption, but I wasn't aware of your D-Bus work. If D-Bus methods make more sense then great.

Sounds like a pretty cool project!

Matthew Barnes