Re: Free software streaming

On Sun, 2016-01-10 at 10:41 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Sat, 2016-01-09 at 15:46 +0100, Mathieu Duponchelle wrote:
Hey, you did not react to Nicolas Dufresne's suggestion of using
webrtc ?
Services like appear.in do not require installing extra software,
as
most
of the heavy lifting is already done by modern browsers ( I'm sure
someone
will implement support in emacs at some point :) ).

I agree, WebRTC is clearly the winning technology and the way to go
in
the future.

It's not true that all modern browsers support it, though, so I don't
think it's fair to start using it quite yet. The implementation in
WebKit, for example, is still buggy and disabled in both WebKitGTK+
and
Safari. That needs fixed before we start using it for GNOME events,
else people won't be able to participate with the GNOME web
browser....

That is the spirit! Although, we had extensions that did not work on
the GNOME Web browser either.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/