Re: [Ekiga-list] Help! I'm a newbie.

On 03/01/13 13:08, Melvin Tyner wrote:

Hello,

I still get the error message:
Could not register (Remote party host is offline)

I have included a link to the -d4 output.
Here is the link. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/103966882/ekiga-stderr.txt

First, your user name for Ekiga Call Out must be loonyless, not loonyless ekiga net, you have to change that in Accounts window.

Second, the account cannot register because you do not receive any packets from ekiga.net. This is surely due because your firewall/router blocks those packets. You cannot use ekiga if your firewall/router blocks it. Look at http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Enable_port_forwarding_manually on how to change that.

For you, STUN works, but SIP does not.