restart with new codebase

So, wanting to experiment some with live editing i started over from
scratch with a new "yarrr2" project in eclipse. (Although I reused a lot
from the old project.)

I put my resulting tree at:
http://people.redhat.com/alexl/yarrr/yarrr2.tar.gz

Its basically a tomcat servlet that does some of the in-memory parts of
the new Yarrr design (no db at all). In particular, it starts to
implement the LiveComment server object. Additionally there is some
initial javascript testing code to implement a collaborative editor. If
you push the stuff to tomcat and visit:

 http://127.0.0.1:8080/yarrr/test-editing.html

You'll get it. It doesn't seem to work right now, as it somehow
deadlocks the webbrowser (only seems to be able to do one xmlrpc call at
a time). However, if you update the LiveComment using xmlrpc from python
the webpage correctly updates.

This codebase is pretty small atm. Maybe everyone could read through all
of it and comment on it. If it seems anywhere near sane we should
probably put it in cvs somewhere, so we can all work on it.

The basic approach is to separate out all the in-memory parts of a topic
into an ActiveTopic, which manages the in-memory object related to that
topic. It also has a pollForChanges(), signalChanges() api that lets
clients sleep until there is a change in the topic.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a world-famous crooked senator fleeing from a secret government
programme. She's a provocative hip-hop vampire descended from a line of
powerful witches. They fight crime!