Re: Features for Thursday

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 23:59 -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> The new stuff looks sweet, and the project is almost at the usable
> state.  I'm pretty excited about it.  Lets work on getting the following
> features working by Thursday's meeting:
>
> 1) Hiding and closing of discussions.  This was part of the original
>    mockup that we missed.  We need a way for a discussion to reach a
>    conclusion, (or multiple conclusions).

I implemented this.

> 2) Fix up the whiteboard.  Colin, can you and Dave get this back to a
>    working state?
>
> 3) Dynamic topic-list page.  I started on this today, and will keep
>    moving forward on it.
>
> 4) Colin and I were discussing chats today, and thought it would be
>    pretty neat if topic strings were highlighted wiki-style.  So you
>    could mention something about a CoolTopic in your chat and get a link
>    on the page to the topic, or make it explicit by requiring
>    [CoolBrackets].  This is going to require some thinking about how we
>    encode chats and messages.

We should also implement highlighting of lines with your nick, like irc.
Also, it would be cool if we made tab-completion on present names work
in the chat.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a lonely white trash senator from the 'hood. She's a wealthy goth
socialite on the trail of a serial killer. They fight crime!