Re: [xslt] Rework locale feature tests

On 15/12/2017 12:43, Vojtech Fried wrote:
I have tried to update my libxml & libxslt used in my project. One problem I see is with sorting and locales. I used to use (a modified version of) xsltICUSort.c (in xslt/examples) to do sorting. (I can send you my version, if you are interested, but it is a long time since I did the changes and I do not remember the details) If I remember right it required to turn the locale support off. This is no longer possible.

I think there never was a configure option for locale support. It certainly isn't a feature that was removed.

I tried the new implementation of sort, but I get different results in my project tests. E.g. sort without lang works in a different way. Sort with lang handles upper/lower case sorting in a different way.

Maybe the behavior of the underlying ICU library changed?

And I have a vague memory, that you have to have system support for the locales for them to actually work, which is not what I want, I want the sort to work on any system in any configuration.

A custom sort function overrides the internal sort function. It shouldn't matter whether libxslt is compiled with locale support or not.

Is using an external sorting function still a supported feature? Would you consider reintroducing the possibility to turn off locale support?

External sort functions are still supported. It's possible that something broke in libxslt but we'd need more details.

Nick