Re: [xslt] How accurate is valgrind when ran against libxml2 ver 2.7.6 ?

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 06:59:07AM -0500, John Donnelly wrote:
> Hi ,
>
>  I am investigating a memory leak in our Axis2C component
> and discovered when I build axis2C 1.6.0 libraries without libxml2 version
> 2.7.6 the leak goes away.
>

> valgrind reports an enormous amount of "lost" memory
> in various portions of libxml2 functions. I am not confident
> of the  accurately  simply due to complexity of pieces
> involved.

  Well, valgrind works cleanly with libxml2 here, there is
even a "make valgrind" Makefile target for nearly forever, and
running this is part of any libxml2 release.
  Now if you get lot of lost memory, it's probably due to the
fact you are not freeing some memory that libxml2 is passing to
you. Looking at the valgrind report should help you find where
that memory was allocated and where you received it.