Re: [xslt] Hi, how to limit the duration of an XSLT transformation ?

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:23 AM, Michael Ludwig <milu71 gmx de> wrote:
Alexandre Bique schrieb am 11.01.2011 um 18:09 (+0100):

> I would like to limit the duration of xsltApplyStylesheet(), because
> some scripts take too much time and I have no control on it.

If you have the power to abort the transformation (maybe using "alarm"
or a similarly brutish approach), you should also have the power to
prevent it in the first place, shouldn't you.

Hi Michael,

Sorry but I can't prevent the execution of an XSL script, because I can't tell if a script is slow or fast before executing it. Once I executed it, I can remember it's performances.

I don't understand how to abort the transformation and if it can be safe? How do I cancel a running xsl transformation ? Is there public/private API like xsltAbortTransformation() ? How can I be sure that the current stack and all the context allocated memory will be freed ?

Thanks a lot.

--
Alexandre Bique