Re: [xslt] Compiling LibXSLT on Win32 using MinGW

Getting back to this issue after four months:

Roumen Petrov schrieb am 07.09.2010 um 23:02 (+0300):
> Michael Ludwig wrote:
> >Roumen Petrov schrieb am 06.09.2010 um 23:50 (+0300):

> >>What about to use configure script ?
> >
> >It is for /bin/sh; for a Win32 build, I think win32\configure.js is
> >the right one.
> >

> No .  You could use a born shell (MSYS or CYGWIN) same as on other
> posix platforms to build otherwise please send a patch.

Thanks. I didn't know MSYS, and I got it to work now, just out of
curiosity.

Building LibXML2 (prerequisite for LibXSLT) fails, however:

          \,,,/
          (o o)
------oOOo-(_)-oOOo------
$ ./configure --prefix=/g/Opt/LibXML2

$ make
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./include -I./include  -D_REENTRANT    -DWIN32 -g -O2 -pedantic -W -Wformat -Wunused -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wtrigraphs -Wformat -Wchar-subscripts -Wuninitialized -Wparentheses -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Winline -Wredundant-decls -MT testThreads.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/testThreads.Tpo -c -o testThreads.o testThreads.c
testThreads.c: In function 'main':
testThreads.c:110:6: error: conversion to non-scalar type requested

I currently don't need to build it, so this is not a request for help,
merely informational.

If configure.js isn't expected to work, shouldn't it be removed from the
distribution and the docs updated accordingly to point unsuspecting
users at MSYS?

--
Michael Ludwig