Re: [xslt] Stack depth question...

On 03/12/09 02:33, Derick Winkworth wrote:
I have these two scripts.  I wrote them to test if libxslt support tail
recursion optimization.  I know now that it does not, but I did find
some behavior I do not understand in the process.  The first script
works when num is set to 2998, but fails when it is higher with a
message about max depth being 3000...  The second script fails when num
is set to 1875, but there is no error.  A debug/verbose is not showing
me any errors.  Now I know that libxslt can sum up to 2998 = 4495501.
The sum through 1874 is 1756875.  So its not like the the number is
getting too big.  Can someone help me understand this?

I ran the second script with libxslt 1.1.26 and it also works until 2998 and then gives an error message.

Nick