Re: [xslt] libxslt and inline node sets combining into a variable, timeout problems

> my server times out

I've never tried XSLT via PHP, but my guess is that LibXSLT is crashing horribly as a result of the broken node-set code, and the PHP wrapper isn't picking up the pieces.

If at all possible, use xsltproc to test your stylesheet against your xml from the command line. You'll then get any error messages at once, and I'd be surprised if the error in this case isn't "invalid type" (because, in my experience of using node-set, it's always "invalid type").