[xslt] xsltEvalGlobalVariables caching

Hello!

I am new to this list and would like to ask a question about possible
reusing of parsed stylesheet.

In a project that I'm working on there is a situation where lots of
small elements (most of them <1kB) are parsed in large quantities by
quite complex stylesheets.

There is a fixed number of stylesheets and the main problem (according
to profiler) is with xsltEvalGlobalVariables. It consumes about 80% of
the transforming time, because variables are initialized using
internal templates producing bytecode, etc.

Is there a way to do the following:
1. Parse a stylesheet
2. Resolve all the variables
3. Apply the stylesheet to a number of docs
4. Free the resources?

Currently, as I see it, the globals are resolved in the same phase as
applying the stylesheet which is improper for me

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance..

Piotr Gaczkowski