Re: [xslt] XSLT 2.0

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 16:57 +1000, Steve Ball wrote:
[...]
> Now I prefer to have the underlying XML/XPath/XSLT engine written in
> C, which is why I use libxml2/libxslt. It also worries me that there
> are only three implementations of XSLT 2, and two of those are of no
> use to me whatsoever (Gestalt is written in Eiffel and Altova's engine
> is Windows-only).
I know of at least one other (by IBM) but it is not open source.

There's a possibility that TrollTech will have a C++-based
implementation this year or next, but with the purchase of the
company by Nokia, it is uncertain, I think, what will happen.
And I do not know if the XQuery implementation developed at
TrollTech is to be available publicly either.

[...]

> Who is willing to help out with this effort?

I don't know if it's better to start with libxml or with
something like an existing XQuery engine, or something new.

Someone did approach me with some (small amount of) funding
for adding some XSLT 2 functions to libxml, and I think that
money is still available.

Liam