Re: [xslt] "|" operator

suggestions would be welcome.

Seems like it might be an optimization bug. For example,
in xmlXPathCtxtCompile() in xpath.c, simply changing the
first "#ifdef XPATH_STREAMING" to a "#if 0" appears to
eliminate the bad behavior. Indeed, even in the case
of "one|.", I am somewhat puzzled to see the execution
path going to compiling a step pattern rather than doing
the normal XPath compilation, leaving me wondering if
that expression is only accidentally producing the
correct answer.

I was not knowledgeable enough to make out exactly what
the test at the beginning of xmlXPathTryStreamCompile()
is intending to identify. It looks like an attempt to
check for predicates, but not a reasonable one, so
probably I don't understand the overall design.