[xslt] attribute override

Hi friends,

When building a result tree fragment in a stylesheet, I use
xsl:attribute to create/set value of an attribute.  If I first copy
an attribute from the source tree fragment and then I
override its value with an xsl:attribute.  As I understand,
this is absolutely valid behavior, according to the xslt 1.0
specification. [1]

But I have a feeling that a few versions ago libxslt would
instead give precedence to the original attribute value; the
attribute which appears first in an element would set the
value, the following attributes with the same name would
be ignored. And some of my older stylesheets seem to
support this hypothesis by actually relying on this behavior.

Was it really the case some time ago in libxslt?

I've looked at the history of changes at the News page [2],
and didn't find anything like that mentioned. This is more of
a sanity checking type of question.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#creating-attributes
[2] http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/news.html

Thank you for your great software and attention,

Ivan Kurmanov

http://ahinea.com/