Re: [xslt] Possible bug resulting in "I/O error : Is a directory"

Am Dienstag, den 19.06.2007, 03:46 -0400 schrieb Daniel Veillard:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 03:36:01AM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> >
> > I observe some weired issue. I'm building the bluefish documentation
> > [1]. When I try to run the 'make html' target, xsltproc fails with an
> > "I/O error : Is a directory" at the end of the build. I can track down
> > the issue to the doctype* attributes of xsl:output in
> > stylesheets/db2html.xsl. Set them (as it is in the stylesheet), then the
> > error occurs at the end of the run. Do not set them and the build works.
>
>   I don't see how the doctype* would be referenced. But on the other hand
> if xmllint is used to try to validate after generation then such error
> may occur if the system identifier given or some of the catalog has issues.

Not the identifier nor a catalog. But I guess I found, what was cuasing
this: The xsl:stylesheet header defined an XHTML namespace. xsl:output
defined HTML as output method (I oversaw the namespace declaration) and
so I added HTML 4.01 transitional public and system IDs to xsl:output.
After index.html had been built, xsltproc died with an error 11 and the
message in the subject. I now changed this to be consistent and the
build works again. However, the error is not very useful, because there
isn't any directory involved.

> > IMHO there seems to be a bug somewhere. Can you test yourself and check,
>
>   I don't have much time and I don't know bluefish
>
> > if you can verify the issue? If not, I can send you the verbose output
> > of xsltproc.
> >
> > [1] http://bluefish.cvs.sourceforge.net/bluefish/bluefish-doc/
>
>   if you could identify more precisely when this happen, yes please.

The verbose output was about 500MB and not very helpful. The
strace-output also didn't help. However, it seems solved, so I'm happy
again.

Regards, Daniel