[xslt] Error handling in libxslt

Hi there,
I'm writing an XML/XSLT framework in PHP5 and it utilises the bundled
XSL extension which is based on libxslt.

I would like to know if it is possible to extract meaningful error
data from the API so I can integrate them in my exception handling.

As an aside, one of the issues i am having with libxslt and libxml is
that all fatal parsing or processing errors are not throwing PHP5
exceptions, they are just registering PHP warnings. This is not very
helpful for exception management and probably needs to be looked at by
the PHP module implementors. I've never been able to generate a
DOMException (for instance).

I tried stumbling around the auto-generated API at
http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/html/libxslt-lib.html#LIBXSLT-LIB but I
could't see anything. http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xsl.php is no
help at all.

Are them some undocumented properties of the processor that i can use?