Re: [xslt] Variable tunnelling support

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 08:31:37AM +0200, Robert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it planned in any near future to add variable tunnelling
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#tunnel-params) to the libxslt? This is a
> feature of XSLT 2 but IMHO quite simple to implement and very convenient
> in structuring large, complex and reusable stylesheets.

  The construct is incompatible with an XSLT-1.0 processing. Moreover
since the parameter is in the same namespace as XSLT-1.0 it's somehow
impossible to add is as an extension to a basic XSLT-1.0 implementation.

  Sorry, no, it really seems XSLT-2.0 has been designed as an all or
nothing kind of approach, clearly they didn't want to see support for
only pieces of it. Check with them but that doesn't look a correct
approach.

  And for XSLT-2.0 support, I think Kasimier is still looking for a job !