[xslt] Bug in external entity handling in xsltproc?

I think there's a bug in xsltproc's handling of namespaces and
external parsed entities. Or a bug in my understanding of the relevant
specs :-)

Consider book.xml which includes Links.xml by way of entity reference:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<!DOCTYPE book [
<!ENTITY links SYSTEM "Links.xml">
]>
<book xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";>
&links;
</book>

where Links.xml is just a para:

<para>...</para>

If I process this with showns.xsl, I get (in part:)

Found {http://docbook.org/ns/docbook}book
Found {http://docbook.org/ns/docbook}info
Found {}para

It appears that xsltproc "forgets" the in-scope namespace declarations
when it expands the external parsed entity. I think that's a bug.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

Norman Walsh <ndw nwalsh com> | Everything should be made as simple as
http://nwalsh.com/            | possible, but no simpler.