[xslt] variable/param bug in libxslt 1.1.18 and 1.1.19?

Hello,

after installing the latest libxslt package some of my stylesheets produce unexpected error messages
in conjunction with EXSLT-functions and its parameters. Version 1.1.17 doesn't show these errors. Is
this a known bug or am I missing anything?

Here is a sample stylesheet and an xml file that cause the following messages after calling
xsltproc test.xsl test.xml:

runtime error: file test.xsl line 10 element variable
Variable 'table' has not been declared.
xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed
runtime error: file test.xsl line 15 element param
Failed to evaluate the expression of variable 'tr'.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  xmlns:exsl="http://exslt.org/common";
  xmlns:func="http://exslt.org/functions";
  xmlns:math="http://exslt.org/math";
  xmlns:mg="mg"
  extension-element-prefixes="exsl func">

  <xsl:template match="table">
    <xsl:variable name="cols" select="mg:function(.)"/>
  </xsl:template>

  <func:function name="mg:function">
    <xsl:param name="table"/>
    <xsl:param name="tr" select="$table/tr[1]"/>
    <func:result select="0"/>
  </func:function>
</xsl:stylesheet>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>