Re: [xslt] Query for multiple substring-after (before) calls

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 02:24:32PM +0530, Rahul wrote:
> Daniel,
> I use following code to transform my stylesheets:

  use the command line tool xsltproc -v to test, please !
Did you read http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/bugs.html ? Can you follow the procedure ?

> My Input XML is:
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <precli>
>        <param>
>                <param-parent>rahul anil pandey tiwari sharma
> babu</param-parent>
>        </param>
> </precli>
>
> My XSLT File is:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> xmlns:str="http://exslt.org/strings"; exclude-result-prefixes="str">
>        <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
>        <xsl:template match="/">
>                <crypto>
>                        <ike>
>                                <key>
>                                        <xsl:for-each
> select="/precli/param/param-parent">
>                                                <xsl:element
> name="{normalize-space(substring-before(substring-after(.,'pandey'),'&#x20;'))}"/>
>                                              <!--  <xsl:element
> name="{normalize-space(substring-before(.,'&#x20;'))}"/> -->
>                                        </xsl:for-each>
>                                </key>
>                        </ike>
>                </crypto>
>        </xsl:template>
> </xsl:stylesheet>

  break you big expression and use xsltproc -v to debug what is going on.
Sorry that's debugging you should be able to do and not rely on me do to,
Plus putting all the content in the content of the mail and not as attachment
there is no garantee I get exactly what you are trying with. Please be
rigorous and follow the steps and what I asked. I here to help users, but
I can't debug other people code.