Re: [xslt] XSLT - changed handling of attrs "exclude-result-prefixes" and"extension-element-prefixes"


On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 14:44 +0000, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Friday 31 March 2006 14:21, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We changed the handling of exclude-result-prefixes and
> > extension-element-prefixes in Libxslt.
> Similar bugs are:
> * "Invalid mode attribute content is accepted" - 
> (patch attached, by Bart Martens)
> * "Compiles invalid XSLT; unbound variable accepted" -  

Yes, the code is somehow silent about what attributes
are currently valid/invalid on the XSLT elements.

Although I just started to look at the Libxslt code, I
hope I'll be able to fix some of those issues in the
next weeks; well, if nobody does it beforehand.

I'm currently thinking about how to fix the still present
"exclude-result-prefixes" issues: the ns-decls are not
really removed, but moved to the document-element, which
obviously leads to unwanted results. The problem is that
Libxslt currently needs all original ns-decls to be
existent in the tree, to be able to process XPath
expressions correctly (during the transformation).
A solution would be to precompile all XPath expressions
during compilation time, which is already done for
attribute value templates of literal result elements, but
not for XSLT instructions; this way we could remove
excluded ns-decls completely from the tree.



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]