Re: [xslt] Version Differences

Glenn R. Martin wrote:
> Failure (Ubuntu Dapper):
> grmartin lain:~/Development/MV/Documents/Framework Manual$  xsltproc -o
> manual.html ../DocBook\ Kit/Customized\ Temp lates/html.xsl file.xml
> warning: failed to load external entity
> "../docbook-xsl-current/html/docbook.xsl"
> compilation error: file ../DocBook Kit/Customized Templates/html.xsl
> line 5 element import
> xsl:import : unable to load ../docbook-xsl-current/html/docbook.xsl
>
> Working (MacOS X/Darwin 10.4):
> gilliam:~/Desktop/MoltenVisuals/Documents/Framework Manual glennmartin$
> xsltproc -o manual.html ../DocBook\ Kit/Customized\ Templates/html.xsl
> file.xml
> Stripping NS from DocBook 5/NG document.
> Processing stripped document.
>
> Here is line lines 1-7 of the complaining XSL file:
> <?xml version='1.0'?>
> <xsl:stylesheet
>     xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">
>
> <xsl:import href="../docbook-xsl-current/html/docbook.xsl"/>
>
> <xsl:preserve-space elements="programlisting screen synopsis" />

Well, my _guess_ would be that the semantics of "../" in includes was
changed to be relative to the file doing the including, not the current
directory of the process (or vice versa).  Such a change would have to
be in the ChangeLog of libxslt or of its Ubuntu package (depending on
whether it's plain libxslt behaviour or ubuntu-local changes).