Re: [xslt] building libxslt on windows

Tim Van Holder wrote:

If you're using cygwin, why are the errors from the microsoft compiler?
It seems likely that if you used configure under cygwin, that the
compiler flags wouldn't be set correctly for the MS compiler.
Perhaps you didn't have gcc installed when you configured?

I do have gcc

If you're using the DSPs you shouldn't run the configure shell script
at all; there should be Windows-specific config steps.

No I am not using DSP's. I used Makefile.msvc and before that configured using configure.js. Here are my steps

In the directory libxslt/win32/   on cygwin

$ cscript configure.js prefix='C:\dev\libxslt' include='C:\dev\libxml\include' lib='C:\dev\libxml\lib'
$ nmake

thats it and then these errors.

P.S: Following are the errors

<!--------------------------------------------------------------->

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.9782.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

cl.exe /I..\libexslt /nologo /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D
"_MBCS" /W3 /MD /D "_REENTRANT" /I.. /I..\libxslt /IC:\dev\libxslt
\include /D "NDEBUG"
/O2 /Foint.exslt.msvc\ /c ..\libexslt\crypto.c
crypto.c
..\libexslt\crypto.c(144) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier
'exsltCryptoCryptoApiCreateHash'

This suggests your wincrypt.h doesn't define HCRYPTHASH. Either the
code assumes a newer version of the platform sdk, or there is something
wrong on your end. The other errors seem to come from the same problem:
a bad wincrypt.h.

Well, if at all the wincrypt.h is corrupt, what could be the possible solution?

Appreciate your input, Tim.

-Manish