Re: [xslt] Any interest in an alternative syntax for XSLT?

On Thursday 31 August 2006 17:17, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> -On [20060831 12:48], Daniel Veillard (veillard redhat com) wrote:
> >  You're looking for at least 6 months of programming and debugging
> >full time by someone who know the library and the associated specs.
>
> That's an estimate based on taking the current tree and reworking it
> towards XSLT 2?

For what it's worth, I believe it's not an unreasonable timeframe. I would
even estimate at least a year.

It all also depends on what kind of implementation you want. One of the
advantages of XSL-T 2.0 is the presence of a type system and a different
error handling, which allows more optimizations and better detection of
errors at compile time. But all that do of course need more infrastructure,
and hence more work.

Cheers,

		Frans