Re: [xslt] Implementation of unparsed-text() (XSLT 2.0)?

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 01:03:20PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to ask, if there are any plans to implement the XSLT 2.0
> function unparsed-text() [1]. It seems the only possibility to read in
> the content of a text-file and assign it to a variable in a XSL
> stylesheet. So what is the current policy regarding XSLT 2.0 functions?
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#function-unparsed-text

  Since XSLT-2.0 canibalize the same namespace, this doesn't allow for
a graceful transition. If XSLT-2.0 functions were in a separate namespace
adding them like any other extension would have been relatively clean,.
but in the current situation I'm not too fond of adding partial support.
Apparently 'http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions' is available for XPath
2.0 function which is way cleaner, but for XSLT-2.0 functions there is
no separation as far as I can tell, maybe I missed it though...
  You can still use XInclude text inclusion, though it's less dynamic.