Re: [xslt] XPath number formatting

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2006-04-10 11:20:18 +0200, Bjorn Reese wrote:

People who need to convert numbers into strings and back without loss
of precision want to use the excessive digits to convey as much
information as possible to be able to round numbers correctly when
they are converted back from strings to numbers.

And *being able* to do that is very important.

My quarrel has always been with xsl:format-number(), so I do not mind if add the requirement that number(string(N)) == N for any number N.