[xslt] XSieve: XSLT + Scheme

  Hello,

  some time ago I released the first version of XSieve, which is an XML
transformation language based on combination of XSLT and Scheme
(a Lisp dialect). To read the announce in xml-dev, visit

  In this letter, I only want to mention relationship to libxslt.

  XSieve is implemented on top of xsltproc and Guile (a Scheme
interpreter). XSieve uses xsltproc plugin API.

  I don't remember all the libxslt-related puzzles. But I remember
the top two:

* libxml automatically joins text nodes in xmlAddChld. This broke
xmlNodePtr<->Scheme value mapping.

* libxslt optimizes "xsl:text", and it isn't described in documentation.
Thanks gdb for assistance in fixing a related bug:

http://uucode.com/blog/2005/08/23/nasty-libxslt-surprise/

  Anyway, I'm happy with libxml/libxslt. Thank you for great work!

--
Oleg Paraschenko  olpa@ http://xmlhack.ru/  XML news in Russian
http://uucode.com/blog/  Generative Programming, XML, TeX, Scheme