Re: [xslt] xinclude within XSL

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:57:04 -0400, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:42:41PM +0200, nico wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to do something that doesn't work, and I guess that xsltproc
does the right thing, but I'm interesting in having some explanations why
it cannot work.

Because there is no parsing of an xi:include involved. It's not recognized
and the code to implement XInclude on the tree is not called.

Just to be sure that I've understood: you mean that xinclude is interpreted only when parsing an input document, but not for any in-memory node tree. An xinclude tag is not seen as a node by itself. Am I right?

It would be great if one day (thanks to an extension or something else) it was possible to input a file as raw text with xsltproc. BTW is there a plan to be able to dynamically load some extensions (via shared libraries)? It would be great since one could provide its own specific extension without needing to provide a rebuilt xsltproc.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Regards,
BG