[xslt] Extensions in Python?

Is my memory playing tricks on me, or do I remember that there was,
once upon a time, a discussion of allowing XSLT extension functions
and elements for xsltproc to be written in Python (or Perl or whatever)?

Writing them in C and then linking them into the xsltproc binary seems
an awfully tall hurdle and I'd really like to get a couple of the
DocBook extensions implemented for xsltproc.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw nwalsh com> | Why in our youth does the life we still
http://nwalsh.com/            | have before us look so immeasurably