Re: [xslt] document() trouble with query string

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 01:34:58AM -0800, Daniel Bibbens wrote:
> I am noticing trouble when using select="document($url)//node()" when
> $url contains a query string. For example:
>
> <xsl:variable
>   name="url"
>   select="'http://server.com/catalog/filter.xml?departement=girl&amp;category=toddler'"/>
>
> <xsl:variable
>   name="items"
>   select="document($url)//node()"/>
>
> The document() function calls the value of $url without the query
> string:
>
>     http://server.com/catalog/filter.xml
>
>                 instead of
>
>     http://server.com/catalog/filter.xml?departement=girl&amp;category=toddler
>
> This problem showed up with libxslt-1.1.13 and libxml2-2.6.18. Prior
> versions ran the same XSL as expected including libxslt-1.1.12. This
> and previous libraries are built from source with gcc (GCC) 3.4.2
> [FreeBSD] 20040728 on FreeBSD 5.3.
>
> Is anyone seeing anything similar?

  There was no change in the document() function implementation at the libxslt
level from 1.1.12 to 1.1.13. So changes are likely to go down to libxml2.
Unfortunately the URL loading code is not covered by the regression tests.
First thing would ve to run xsltproc with -v on a standalone example, and
if confirmed provide said standalone example.