Re: [xslt] codepoints-to-string function in xsltproc

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 01:58:27PM +0200, Vlastimil Krejcir wrote:
  Hi,

  I am trying to use XPath function codepoints-to-string(), but xsltproc
returning me:

xmlXPathCompOpEval: function codepoints-to-string not found
XPath error : Unregistered function

I think, the function codepoints-to-string is not implemented yet. Am I
right? I could not find list of available function, so I could not check
it.

I'm positive that codepoints-to-string is not part of the XSLT-1.0 and XPath-1.0 standards. I don't know what you are talking about, and I don't see why this should be implemented in libxslt at this point.

Sorry, it is my fault. I don't know xsltproc is following XSLT-1.0 and not also XSLT-2.0 (and XPath-2.0). Could we hope in implementation XSLT-2.0 and XPath-2.0 in the future?

xsltproc --help

says

 --dumpextensions: dump the registered extension elements and functions to stdout

and the XSLT-1.0 standard has a section on how to check for the availsbility
of potential extensions dynamically:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#function-function-available

I think you have everything needed.

Maybe (unfortunately) not. The function codepoints-to-string() could be very useful for me. Programming in XSLT is a little bit an art, and maybe there is another way to do thmings what I want to do. See my next question in "How to generate alphabet using xslt?".

Vlastik