Re: [xslt] Probable memory leak (when using document()?)

On 2005-01-28 16:50:15 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 09:11:17PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > Couldn't the DTD structure be shared, since it is read-only?
>
>   Not read-only. The presence of an internal subset can override
> definitions done in the external subset. Detecting a-priori that
> there no internal subset may be a bit tricky.

Hmmm... There's a command-line option (--novalid) not to load the
DTD, but I think this would be wrong if there are some character
entities (not the numerical ones). How about a command-line option
to say that "there would be no problem"?

But I think that any internal subset could be seen as a private DTD.
So, the DTD structures could be shared, and once an internal subset
is found, then the structures corresponding to external subsets could
be cloned[*] (even if this isn't needed a posteriori).

[*] or just modified, in which case, the URL reference to the modified
structures would be invalidated. Something like that...

>   There is that problem for XInclude too, it's a trick, a deviation
> from the pure XML parsing process though, for example getting the
> included file on a file server may modify the DTD as a side effect.

I don't know about XInclude. I don't use it. In my case, there would
be no problem.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent vinc17 org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>