Re: [xslt] XSLT patterns without transformations?

Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>:

[snip]
>   it's really not expected to be used on its own.

Ok.

[snip]
>   What I can support is the streaming subset in libxml/pattern.h or
> the full XPath queries from libxml/xpath.h those are really intended to
> be public APIs.

I see.

Just two more questions, then (about these latter modules):

  - Is the exact XPath subset used in libxml/pattern.h documented
    anywhere (other than in the form of source code)? As far as I can
    see, it's a superset of the XML Schema node selector format?

  - Is there any (semi-)efficient way of using libxml/xpath.h in a
    manner similar to that of XSLT patterns (i.e. checking for
    applicability to a given node all the way up the ancestor chain),
    or would I simply have do a number of separate checks, one for
    each ancestor?

Thanks,

- Magnus

--
Magnus Lie Hetland       Fallen flower I see / Returning to its branch
http://hetland.org       Ah! a butterfly.           [Arakida Moritake]