Re: [xslt] XSLT patterns without transformations?

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 03:33:40PM +0100, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
> After realising that the xpath and pattern support in libxml probably
> wasn't what I was looking for (the patterns there are a bit too
> restricted; i.e., they are XML Schema patterns, not XSLT patterns)
> I've looked at the libxslt module pattern.c -- but I'm not quite sure
> how to use it on its own... How do I create the required
> xsltTransformContext when I don't have any transformations going on?

  it's really not expected to be used on its own. There is serious
dependancies with internal data like caching informations dependant
on the XSLT processing itself.

> And... Which parts are actually public? (This may be a problem with my
> installation, but I can find xsltMatchPattern() in the .h-file, but
> not in the library itself, so I get linker problems if I try to use
> it.)

  most headers outside of xslt.h are kind of private, they are here to
allow hacking but I can't really spend much time supporting users of
those features. You can copy the XSLT pattern.c module and hack on it
to fit your needs for example.
  What I can support is the streaming subset in libxml/pattern.h or
the full XPath queries from libxml/xpath.h those are really intended to
be public APIs.