Re: [xslt] xslt MD dlls and other MT dll

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 07:00:16PM +0100, Roeland Muys wrote:
> How can I statically link and combine without crashes or errors?
>
> It concerns a redistributable application (VC++ in Visual Studio 7) so
> the project statically links with MFC and also with another library, say
> MT. MT was built using the /MT option and so is the main project.
>
> If I wish to include some xsltproc-like code and link with the xslt
> dlls, I get linking errors and I presume that is because the dlls are
> /MD?

correct.

> I was wondering if it is possible to combine /MD dlls and /MT dlls into
> a single exe. How can I do that, what are the pitfalls or experiences,
> or what would be the best alternative?

afaik, combining libraries with /MD and /MT into a single exe will only
cause trouble (if you can jigger the compiler enough to even get it to
link). compile everything with the same flags.

NOTE: only cvs libxslt has a working xsltproc when libxslt is compiled with /MT.
when using /MT you must link to libxslt_a.lib

jr