Re: [xslt] problems with libxslt and python on Mac OS X

> Sometime between 1.1.2 and 1.1.4 something very bad has happened with 
> libxslt's python bindings on Mac OS X: I only use the python bindings, 
> and I've only run 1.1.4 on Mac OS X so I'm not sure if this is a 
> localised language binding/platform  problem. The problem is 
> definitely still there in 1.1.5.
> Symptoms of the problem are frequent and irritating seg faults when 
> parsing documents with libxslt.parseStylesheetDoc(). For example, I 
> had two files different only in name and one would parse and the other 
> would segfault.
> I've run the tests in python/tests and here are the results of 
> and on 1.1.5:

FYI, I tried to reproduce the problem with my install, and I do not 
have this problem (both tests succeed with a OK.)
But there may be many differences:
a) I am building against Python 2.2.3 (though I also ran this on a 
stock Panther Python 2.3.0 install.)
b) When I build the bindings, I manually add instructions to the 
Makefiles for building with prebinding.

I have had serious crashing problems in the past, where my Python 
executable would get confused between my recent libxml2 and the oldish 
one from Panther... I think ensuring that the library versions are 
correct (i.e. running the will help the linker link against 
the right library. I recommend that you gdb your program, and see 
whether the old libxml gets loaded (it is used by Foundation.framework, 
so it is hard to avoid.)

Also, you might want to test against my build (it contains the 
libraries, built in /usr/local, and the bindings)


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]