Re: [xslt] issue with xsltSetDebuggerCallbacks and xslDropCall

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 06:26:47PM +0900, Ian MacLean wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using the xsltSetDebuggerCallbacks functionality to implement a
> debugger for xslt. However I've noticed that in certain circumstances
> the xslDropCall callback isn't being called when I think it should be.
>
> for example - with the following simple stylesheet:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> version="1.0">
>
> <xsl:template match="/">
>           <xsl:apply-templates select="//Order"/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template match="Order">
>   <h1>Order is:  <xsl:value-of select="@Name"/></h1>          <xsl:text>
> </xsl:text>
> </xsl:template>
>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
>
> xslAddCall is called when the Order template is matched however
> xslDropCall isn't called upon leaving the stylesheet. xslAddCall is
> correctly called for ever <Order> element in the input document but
> xslDropCall  isn't. It is correctly called with some other stylesheets
> I've been using but I haven't yet narrowed down what the difference is.
>
> Is there some other way to determine when execution has left a given
> template or is this a bug ?

 This sounds like a bug, though I'm not sure I have a simple way to
test it in xsltproc, can you bugzilla this, recording the issue
doesn't mean it will be fixed soon, but it garantee it will be looked
at at some point. And if you can provide a patch, that's quite welcome :-)