From: xslt-bounces gnome org [mailto:xslt-bounces gnome org]On Behalf Of
Peter Jacobi
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 10:31 PM
To: The Gnome XSLT library mailing-list
Subject: Re: [xslt] Kannada fonts garbled in xsltproc

Hi Manoj,

> <test>±Ü¨ÜÊÜáãÆ : Çæp? ×ÊÜå? væç !</test>

You are doing a bad (TM) thing here:
Using a masquerading font!

I.e. your characters are in the Unicode range for Latin-Supplement
(U+00A0..U+00FF), but they are displayed as Kannada, because
of a font which displays Kannada characters for this range.

You should first check, whether this is really your only option.

If this is so, specify ISO 8859-1 as output encoding, so that the
characters are unchanged.

But then research better solutions.

Regards,
Peter Jacobi