Re: [xslt] scoped result tree fragments

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 10:13:12AM -0700, Mark Vakoc wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers, I'll experiment with that approach.  However I forsee
> a potential problem.  The content passed into xmlNewTextChild() currently may
> contain xml special characters such as '&'.  It will not contain any entity
> refs.  If I use xmlDictLookup() I could have node->content on the text node
> that has reserved xml characters.  I believe that is ok (the serialization
> layer must handle that?), but can you confirm that a text node's content may
> contain xml special characters not replaced with their entity refs?

  if it the 5 characters for which predefined entities are defined, it's
just fine, the serialization layer will handle those, this also need
to be UTF8 but it's not a surprize.

> Also I should see some benefit from using the dictionary for node->name.  Most
> of the nodes are named the same thing so I need call the xmlDictLookup() only
> once, and can just use the returned value for calls to xmlNodeEatName() to
> create the element node.

  yes, that will work just fine. The avoid xmlNewTextChild(), use
xmlNodeEatName(), xmlNewDocText() and xmlAddChild() directly.