Re: [xslt] How to send   to not UTF-8 html output ?

÷ ÐÔ, 30.01.2004, × 19:00, Daniel Veillard ÐÉÛÅÔ:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 06:16:18PM +0300, Vladimir B. Grebenschikov wrote:
>
> > Is any way to define real entity for   ?
>
>   At the XSLT level, no. XSLT works only on XML information set where
> entities have been substitued with their repacement value, and for
>   that would be the character code point #160.
>
> > Why Э is translated right for all encoding (as valid character or
> > as entity if can't be converted to characted) but   does not
> > translated to   when it is not possible to out unicode character ?
>
>     and   are equivalent in HTML, so why do you want one
> instead of the other ? Why would people have to use   which depends
> at least theorically on DTD support instead of using   which is
> the direct unanbigous reference to the code point you want (i.e.
> non-breaking-space) ... I see no logic behind your request.

As I just write to list I can't send nbsp sign if output is not UTF-8
(particular koi8-R in may case). Details in previous message to list.

  is translated to invalid character by xslt processer instead of
valid entity. (As far as I know there is no character "nbsp" in KOI8-R
encoding, but browser understand entities)

> > Looks like it is almost impossible to get text with character '&' on
> > html output.
>
>   This statement is far too wide to have any answer.

Ok, I do not need "general case".

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
SWsoft Inc.