Re: [xslt] performance: xsl:attribute vs. textual attribute

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 02:38:17PM +0100, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Performance of "xsl:attribute" versus textual attributes.
>
> This mail is related to the optimization request in mail [1].

  That is obsolete I think. AVT are now precompiled as much
as possible. It might be something else.

> Did someone already look into it? Is this doable in Libxml2? I did a
> little performance testing and the "xsl:attribute" version seems to
> quite slower.

  yes, that should be fixed already, [1] is obsolete.

[...]

> Regarding the mail-thread [2], it seems that XSLT authors are not always
> aware of performance differences here.
> As a workaround we are currently changing every stylesheet by
> substituting attributes for xsl:attribute before transforming.

  I bet saxon does a far greater job at trying to optimize intermediate
structure, libxml2 relies far more on the original tree I think.