[xslt] Indentation in final XSLT result document

I wonder if there is possibility to add this as an option
in XSLT-processing functions. I mean that every result of
XSLT transformation to HTML looks ugly - it is not indented
as in my source .xsl, there are no newlines, just random
portion of text are broken into new line. I read that this
is because some browsers badly interpret whitespaces?
But how could I get such result anyway? I don't want to get
so ugly HTML, when it should be nicely formatted after
processing..

/KN