[xslt] Re: [xml] Mailing lists handling change

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 03:30:58AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 05:14:05PM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   Okay, I'm getting far too many bounces on the mailing lists:
> >    1 N   03/29 xml-admin@gnome ( 38K) 336 xml admin request(s) waiting
> >    2 N   03/29 xslt-admin@gnom ( 30K) 263 xslt admin request(s) waiting
> >    3 N   03/29 xml-bindings-ad ( 36K) 320 xml-bindings admin request(s) waiting
> >
> >  And I cleaned them up this morning, this mean around 1000 messages,
> > per day I need to scan to approve the few valid ones.
> >  This does not scale, I will NOT look anymore at bounces in the future.
>
>   Okay, if you know perl (I don't ... I really can't read it !) and want
> to help the project here is something you can do which would be really
> really useful :
>   there is this interface to the mailman administration page at
>     http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~zeitlin/mladmin.html
> this is relatively small, but only allows to either approve or discard
> all mails accumulated in the list.
> What I (and William) would need would be to extend it to automatically
> discard mails based on regexp match for the message From/Subject/Headers or
> the Excerpt. Those regexp could be stored in $(HOME)/mladmin.conf
> like
> ------------------
> reject from support@
> reject subject e-mail account
> reject content Content-Type: audio/x-wav
> ------------------
>   Then assuming a new option "filter", the modified version would
> POST the discards automatically. To get a better idea I have put a version
> of the kind of pages to be loaded at
>   http://veillard.com/xml-admin.html
>
>   Well, if you want to help the project (and potentailly others having to
> deal with bounces in mailman) that's a very good way, even if you don't
> know C :-)

  I did it finally
    http://veillard.com/mladmin.pl
    http://veillard.com/bounces
William worked on a Python version independantly,

  This mean your mail may not end up in /dev/null if it is blocked by
the mailing list tool, but if it does that will be fully automated !