Re: [xslt] problems with libxslt and python on Mac OS X

On 1 Apr 2004, at 16:28, Marc-Antoine Parent wrote:

> Strange. Your build method does not differ from mine substantially,
> except for prebindings, which should not have this kind of impact.
> I am sure of that, because the crashes I described were in the 2.6.5
> timeframe.
> I do strongly recommend using autogen.sh instead configure.

What difference does that make? (I was under the impression that having
to run autogen.sh was a bad thing)

> BTW, how come you get your libxml in /usr/local if you do not specify
> it in the original configure? I thought /usr was the default. I may be
> wrong, but do check.

./configure defaults --prefix to /usr/local...

I have a feeling that specifying --with-libxml-prefix as well as
--with-libxml-include-prefix and --with-libxml-libs-prefix may be
overkill, but I don't know.

>> I built against a 2.3.3 framework python in /Library/Frameworks
>
> Check. I was reckless enough to replace the stock Python.

I'm beginning to think that it was reckless too...

> Any dylib can be prebound. It makes loading the library faster. You
> have to assign an address to each library. I use the same as Zveno's:
> http://www.zveno.com/open_source/libxml2xslt.html

Okay. I don't think I need to bother with this - I'm a python only guy,
really and I get the impression that prebinding won't help the python
bits any.

>>> I have had serious crashing problems in the past, where my Python
>>> executable would get confused between my recent libxml2 and the
>>> oldish one from Panther... I think ensuring that the library
>>> versions are correct (i.e. running the autogen.sh)
>>
>> Like I said above: I recompiled 1.1.2 using the same methods and got
>> vastly different results, which makes me think that it's probably not
>> that...
>
> Well, you could have two libraries floating around and fighting.

Maybe I should try autogen.sh...

Thanks,

Matt

--