[xslt] Apply stylesheet to a subbranch of a document

Hi,

I just wondered if one can apply a stylesheet to a subbranch of a
document. I learned that there is xsltApplyStylesheet that takes a
source document and a stylesheet, but no trace of a function that takes
a node from the document and applies a stylesheet. Can someone point out
a way of doing that? Or do I have to clone the node into a separate
document and perform xsltApplyStylesheet on it?

Thanks in advance,

Kasimier Buchcik